Nicholson, Francis, 1753-1844, Six views of Scarborough and its vicinity , 
Six views of Scarborough and its vicinity / drawn from nature, and on stone by F. Nicholson.
- Scarborough : Pubd. by W. Wilson, Long Room Street, 
London : Printed at C. Hullmandel's lithographic establishment, Gt. Marlborough Stt., 
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves : illustrations ; 29 x 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 45aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from Abbey.
All six lithographs are in landscape orientation; the cover title is printed in portrait orientation.
Another set of six views (Abbey, Scenery 301) was published with identical printed wrappers. Wilson also published "A second series of six views of Scarborough ..." (Abbey, Scenery 302), printed by Rowney & Forster, London.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 300
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers. Cased with Scenery 301 and 302.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Scarborough -- Pictorial works.Scarborough (England) -- Pictorial works.Wilson, W., -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
- Newbrough Gate
- The Spaw
- The Forge Valley
- Scalby Mill
- Haiburn Wyke
- Near Hackness.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.