Nicholson, Francis, 1753-1844, Six views of Scarborough and its vicinity , 
- Six views of Scarborough and its vicinity / drawn from nature, and on stone by F. Nicholson.
- Scarborough : Pubd. by W. Wilson, Long Room Street, 
London : Printed at C. Hullmandel's lithographic establishment, Gt. Marlborough Stt., 
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves : illustrations ; 29 x 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 45bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from Abbey.
All six lithographs are in landscape orientation; the cover title is printed in portrait orientation.
Another set of six views (Abbey, Scenery 300) was published with identical printed wrappers. Wilson also published "A second series of six views of Scarborough ..." (Abbey, Scenery 302), printed by Rowney & Forster, London.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 301
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers. Cased with Scenery 300 and 302.
- Slingsby Castle, Yorkshire -- Layerthorpe Postern, York -- Bolton Castle in Wensleydale -- The King's Tower of Knaresborough Castle --Helmsley Castle -- Scarborough Castle.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Scarborough -- Pictorial works.Scarborough (England) -- Pictorial works.Wilson, W., -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.