IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Nicholson, Francis, 1753-1844, Six views of Scarborough and its vicinity , 
Six views of Scarborough and its vicinity / drawn from nature, and on stone by F. Nicholson.
- Scarborough : Pubd. by W. Wilson, Long Room Street, 
London : Printed at C. Hullmandel's lithographic establishment, Gt. Marlborough Stt., 
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves : illustrations ; 29 x 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 45bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Date of publication from Abbey.
All six lithographs are in landscape orientation; the cover title is printed in portrait orientation.
Another set of six views (Abbey, Scenery 300) was published with identical printed wrappers. Wilson also published "A second series of six views of Scarborough ..." (Abbey, Scenery 302), printed by Rowney & Forster, London.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 301
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers. Cased with Scenery 300 and 302.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Scarborough -- Pictorial works.Scarborough (England) -- Pictorial works.Wilson, W., -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
- Slingsby Castle, Yorkshire
- Layerthorpe Postern, York
- Bolton Castle in Wensleydale
- The King's Tower of Knaresborough Castle --Helmsley Castle
- Scarborough Castle.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.