Wales = Iâl = Yale [videorecording] : Graduate student symposium, Yale Center for British Art, April 5, 2014.
- New Haven, CT : Yale Broadcast & Media Center, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 3 DVD (340 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in + pamphlet
- Reference LibraryDVD 236Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Computer Files
Recording of a one day graduate symposium considers the visual arts in Wales, in conjunction with the Center's two exhibitions that feature Welsh artists and depictions of Wales: Richard Wilson and Art in focus: Wales.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Wales.Yale Center for British Art -- Art collections.
- Morning session, Panel 1. Laurel Peterson, moderator, "What's Welsh about the visual culture of Welsh churches? Artists, patronage and subject matter in ecclesiastical art in Wales" / Martin Crampin, Melanie Polledri, Stephen Todd.
- Panel 2. Tess Korobkin, chair, "Taking place in pictures: the cultural politics of photographs of migrant communities in Cardiff "/ Alida Payson [and] "The nostalgia of landscape and labour: insiders and outsiders in the paintings of Kyffin Williams / Gareth Lloyd Roderick.
- Keynote lecture: Wales at the Yale Center for British Art: have we arrived? / Peter Lord.