Hogarth Reynolds Turner : British painting and the rise of modernity / edited by Carolina Brook and Valter Curzi.
- First edition.
- Milano, Italy : Skira, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 302 p. : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryND466 .H65 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Exhibition held: Rome, Fondazione Roma Museo, Palazzo Sciarra, 15 April - 20 July 2014.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 293-303).
The exhibition curated by Carolina Brook and Valter Curzi intends to offer a comprehensive overview of the social and artistic development that took place during the XVIII century in step with the hegemony gained by Great Britain at the historical, political and economic level. For this purpose a corpus of over one hundred works belonging to prestigious institutions such as the British Museum, Tate Britain, the Victoria & Albert Museum, the Royal Academy, the National Portrait Gallery, the Museum of London and the Uffizi Gallery has been formed and is accompanied by a nucleus of works from the important American collection belonging to the Yale Centre of British Art.
- Subject Terms:
- Civilization, Modern -- 18th century.London (England) -- In art.Painting, British -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Hogarth Reynolds Turner , 2014