Wood, Robert, 1717?-1771, Les ruines de Balbec, autrement dite Heliopolis dans la Coelosyrie, MDCCLVII 
Les ruines de Balbec, autrement dite Heliopolis dans la Coelosyrie.
- Additional Title(s):
Ruins of Balbec. French.
- A Londres : [publisher not identified], MDCCLVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 28 pages, XLVI leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 55Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text signed: Robert Wood.
Engravings by Pierre Fourdrinier and Thomas Major; after drawings by Giovanni Battista Borra.
Also issued in the same year in English.
Includes bibliographical references.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, page 244
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 937
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red gilt-tooled morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Lebanon -- Baʻlabakk.Architecture, Roman -- Lebanon -- Baʻlabakk.Baʻlabakk (Lebanon) -- Antiquities.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Lebanon -- Baʻlabakk.
- Engravings -- 1757.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.