[Costumes of Constantinople].
- [England] : [Publisher not identified], 1768-1769.
- Physical Description:
-  pages, XXIII leaves of plates : illustrations ; 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 56Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Engravings by J. Bayly, Robert Pranker, Thomas White, Giovanni Vitalba, Matthew Liart, Peter Mazell, James Caldwal, and William Bryne; after Francis Smith.
Traduzione Italiana della spiegazione Inglese: page 
Some plates on double leaves.
Date of publication from plates.
Descriptive text in English.
Engraved after paintings in the collection of Frederick Calvert Baltimore. Three of Francis Smith's original paintings reproduced in the present work are now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (B1993.30.29, B1994.18.5, B2006.14.8).
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks title page. Title taken from spine of case. Bound in brown quarter calf with marbled boards. Bookplate: Jane Sarah Case.
- Subject Terms:
- Baltimore, Frederick Calvert, Baron, 1731-1771 -- Art collections.Case, Jane Sarah -- Bookplate.Costume -- Greece -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Costume -- Turkey -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Greece -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Turkey -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1768-1769.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.