Catalogue of the celebrated Fountaine collection of majolica, Henri II, ware, Palissy ware, Nevers ware, Limoges enamels, carvings in ivory, hone stone and rock crystal, Greek and Roman coins, ancient armour, &c, &c : removed from Narford Hall, Norfolk, which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie, Manson & Woods, at their great rooms, 8 King Street, St. James's Square, on Monday, June 16, 1884, and following days, at one o'clock precisely : may be viewed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday preceding, and catalogues had, at Messrs. Christie, Manson and Woods' Offices, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, S.W.
- London : Printed by Wm. Clowes & Sons, Limited, Stamford Street and Charing Cross, 1884.
- Physical Description:
- 66,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations. ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247.F68 F68 1884Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Sale Catalogue: June 16th, 1884.
Preview information of the forthcoming sale of the Leigh Court Gallery collection of old Italian Masters:  pages at end..
Includes biographical note on Sir Andrew Fountaine.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: The Fountaine Collection. Prices and purchasers' names. London : William Clowes & Sons, 1884.
- Subject Terms:
- Auction catalogs -- England -- London.Fountaine, Andrew, Sir, 1676-1753.Leigh Court Gallery.Majolica -- Catalogs.Pottery -- Private collections -- Catalogs.Pottery, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogues.
Photomechanical prints -- 1884.
YCBA Collections Search
Christie, Manson & Woods, Catalogue of the celebrated Fountaine collection of majolica, Henri II, ware, Palissy ware, Nevers ware, Limoges enamels, carvings in ivory, hone stone and rock crystal, Greek and Roman coins, ancient armour, &c, &c , 1884
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.