Christie, Manson & Woods, Catalogue of the celebrated Fountaine collection of majolica, Henri II, ware, Palissy ware, Nevers ware, Limoges enamels, carvings in ivory, hone stone and rock crystal, Greek and Roman coins, ancient armour, &c, &c , 1884
- Catalogue of the celebrated Fountaine collection of majolica, Henri II, ware, Palissy ware, Nevers ware, Limoges enamels, carvings in ivory, hone stone and rock crystal, Greek and Roman coins, ancient armour, &c, &c : removed from Narford Hall, Norfolk, which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie, Manson & Woods, at their great rooms, 8 King Street, St. James's Square, on Monday, June 16, 1884, and following days, at one o'clock precisely : may be viewed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday preceding, and catalogues had, at Messrs. Christie, Manson and Woods' Offices, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, S.W.
- London : Printed by Wm. Clowes & Sons, Limited, Stamford Street and Charing Cross, 1884.
- Physical Description:
- 66,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations. ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247.F68 F68 1884Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Sale Catalogue: June 16th, 1884.
Preview information of the forthcoming sale of the Leigh Court Gallery collection of old Italian Masters:  pages at end..
Includes biographical note on Sir Andrew Fountaine.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: The Fountaine Collection. Prices and purchasers' names. London : William Clowes & Sons, 1884.
- Subject Terms:
- Auction catalogs -- England -- London.Fountaine, Andrew, Sir, 1676-1753.Leigh Court Gallery.Majolica -- Catalogs.Pottery -- Private collections -- Catalogs.Pottery, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogues.
Photomechanical prints -- 1884.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.