Orme, Daniel, 1766-1837, D. Orme, historical engraver to His Majesty and His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, [between 1792 and 1797]
- D. Orme, historical engraver to His Majesty and His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
- [London] : D. Orme, No. 14 Old Bond Street, [between 1792 and 1797]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card ; 13 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232 .O76 1792 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Daniel Orme (1767-1837) entered the Royal Academy schools in 1785. He began his career as an etcher, but very soon turned publisher, with a large output of topographical, historical and ornamental prints.
Trade card of Daniel Orme, featuring an allegorical engraving of a woman painting, beneath a pair of putti.
"A choice collection of pictures, drawings & prints, by the most approved artists. Also all sorts of picture frames, drawing materials, sattin prints, & medallions ..."
Daniel Orme was active at No. 14 Old Bond Street from 1792 to 1797. See: Maxted, I. The London book trades.
Recorded in the Heal collection (now in the British Museum): 59.117.
- Subject Terms:
- Art dealers -- England -- London.Artists' materials -- Great Britain.Artists' tools -- Great Britain.Drawing materials -- Great Britain.Engravers -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Great Britain.Orme, Daniel, 1766-1837.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain.
Stipple engravings -- 1792-1797.
Trade cards (advertising)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.