Gleanings from the English poets, Chaucer to Tennyson : with biographical notices of the authors / by Robert Inglis ; four engravings on steel.
- Edinburgh : Gall & Inglis, [1883?]
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 544 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1175 .I5 1883Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Henry Adlard and S. Allen; after J. Marchant.
Title page and text within ornamental border.
The death of Longfellow (1882) is mentioned in the text, but the deaths of Frances Browne (1879) and Richard Monckton Milnes (1885) are not.
Includes nine poems by W. Wordsworth (p. 362-371).
BAC: Prize award to Agnes Woods from Aldersgate School, 1889.
- Subject Terms:
- Aldersgate School -- Prize award to Agnes Woods, 1889.English poetry.Gall & Inglis -- Publisher.Woods, Agnes -- Prize award from Aldersgate School, 1889.
- Engravings -- 1880.
Steel engravings -- 1880.
YCBA Collections Search
Inglis, Robert S., 1835-1886, Gleanings from the English poets, Chaucer to Tennyson , [1883?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.