Blackmore, Richard, Sir, 1654-1729, Essays upon several subjects , 1716
Essays upon several subjects / by Sir Richard Blackmore.
- London : Printed for E. Curll and J. Pemberton, 1716.
- Physical Description:
- lvii, 448 p. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3318.B5 E8Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each essay has a separate half title.
Errors in pagination: pages x, 431 and 447 misnumbered xii, 231 and 247 respectively.
In the second edition, 1717, a second volume of essays was added.
ESTC (RLIN), T074855
BAC: British Art Center with presentation inscription from the author to Elis Ward.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackmore, Richard, Sir, 1654-1729 -- Pres. insc. to Elis Ward.Curll, E. -- Publisher.Epic poetry -- Early works to 1800.Immortality -- Early works to 1800.Pemberton, J. -- Publisher.Ward, Elis -- Pres. insc. from Sir Richard Blackmore.
- An essay on the nature and constitution of epick-poetry
- An essay upon wit
- An essay upon false vertue
- An essay upon the immortality of the soul
- An essay upon the laws of nature
- An essay upon the origin of civil power.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.