Hayley, William, 1745-1820, The triumphs of temper , 1817
- The triumphs of temper : a poem: in six cantos / by William Hayley.
- A new edition.
- Chichester : Printed by William Mason, for T. Cadell and W. Davies, London, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 166 p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3506.H9 A75 1817Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by T.B. Brown; after George Romney.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 243
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 31
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound by J.J. Cowing, Barnet. Presentation copy from Mrs. Baronneau to Caroline Frances Byng, 1823. Copy 2 inscribed I.S. Duncan, 1877; with presentation inscription to Ann O. Grellies from her mother, 1819.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Baronneau, Mrs. -- Pres. insc. to Caroline Frances Byng, 1823.Byng, Caroline Frances -- Pres. insc. from Mrs. Baronneau, 1823.Cowing, J.J. -- Bookbinder.Duncan, I.S. -- Provenance, 1877.Grellies, Ann O. -- Pres. insc. from her mother, 1819.Temper.
- Stipple engravings, Colored -- 1817.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.