The seasons / by James Thomson.
- London : Printed for John Sharpe, Piccadilly, by Charles Whittingham, Chiswick, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- [i-v] vi-xii [1-3] 4-215 p.,  leaves of plates : illlustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3732 .S4 1824View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved title page and half-titles "Spring," "Summer," "Autumn," "Winter," and "Hymn" from 1825 ed. bound in between p. [i] and [iii],  and , 46 and 47,  and , 168 and , and 210 and  respectively.
Signatures: 2 p.ℓ., A⁴, B-K¹².
Engraved vignettes by Charles Heath and Charles Rolls; after Richard Westall.
Includes "Critical observations" by an anonymous author, p. [v]-xii, and "To the shade of Thomson" by Robert Burns, p. .
BAC: British Art Center bound in publisher's original brown paper covered boards. Bookplate S.L. & A.E. Symonds. Autograph: Sarah S. Tripp, 1830.
- Subject Terms:
- Poetry, English -- 19th century.Sharpe, John -- Publisher.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.
- Engravings -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.