Remarks on forest scenery and other woodland views : (relative chiefly to picturesque beauty) illustrated by the scenes of New-Forest in Hampshire : in three books / by William Gilpin.
- Additional Title(s):
Caption title: Observations on forest scenery
- 2d ed.
- London : Printed for R. Blamire, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 G49 1794 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 G49 1794 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies, in which the contents are bound in a different order. Copy 2 is the Abbey copy.
BAC : "Of these drawings all the landscape part ... was executed by Mr. Alkin."--p. ii of A catalogue of the prints.
Volume 1 contains Books 1 and 2; volume 2 contains Book 3.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery 149
ESTC (RLIN) T82380
- Subject Terms:
- Landscape.New Forest.Trees.
YCBA Collections Search
Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, Remarks on forest scenery and other woodland views , 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.