Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, Remarks on forest scenery and other woodland views , 1794
- Remarks on forest scenery and other woodland views : (relative chiefly to picturesque beauty) illustrated by the scenes of New-Forest in Hampshire : in three books / by William Gilpin.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Caption title: Observations on forest scenery
- 2d ed.
- London : Printed for R. Blamire, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 G49 1794 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 G49 1794 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies, in which the contents are bound in a different order. Copy 2 is the Abbey copy.
BAC : "Of these drawings all the landscape part ... was executed by Mr. Alkin."--p. ii of A catalogue of the prints.
Volume 1 contains Books 1 and 2; volume 2 contains Book 3.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery 149
ESTC (RLIN) T82380
- Subject Terms:
- Landscape.New Forest.Trees.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.