Frank Forester's Field sports of the United States, and British provinces, of North America / by Henry William Herbert ... ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Field sports in the United States and British provinces, of North America
- New York : Stringer & Townsend (Late Burgess, Stringer & Co.) 222 Broadway, 1849.
[New York] : John R. Wisner, Printer and Stereotyper, 138 Fulton Street
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK315 .H47 1849Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First edition has title: Field sports in the United States ...
Printer's statement from title page verso, volume 2.
First American and first illustrated edition.
BEIN Za H415 848Fb Copy 1: In original red cloth covers.
BEIN Za H415 848Fb Copy 2: In brown cloth covers.
BEIN Za H415 848Fb Copy 3: In green cloth covers.
BEIN Za H415 848Fb Copy 4: In red cloth covers without the ornament in inner corners of covers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold-stamped purple cloth; gold picture of dead game on front cover, gold lettering and design on spine, blind stamped on front and back covers. The only known copy in the first binding, stamped New York Burgess Stringer & Co at foot of spine. (All other recorded copies have the binding stamped at the foot: New York Stringer & Townsend.) Bookplate: Philip Greely Brown.
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, Philip Greely -- Bookplate.Fowling -- Canada.Fowling -- United States.Game and game-birds -- North America.Hunting -- Canada.Hunting -- North America.Hunting -- United States.Winser, John R. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1849.
YCBA Collections Search
Herbert, Henry William, 1807-1858, Frank Forester's Field sports of the United States, and British provinces, of North America , 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.