Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784, Sale catalogue of Dr. Johnson's library,, [c1925]
Sale catalogue of Dr. Johnson's library, with an essay by A. Edward Newton.
- New York, E.B. Hackett [c1925]
- Physical Description:
- 11 p. : facsim., 28 p. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ997 J69 J63 1925 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Za N481 925j: This copy is numbered 102. Autograph of Alfred Edward Newton on p. 11.
"This edition of the Sale catalogue of Dr. Johnson's library is limited to two hundred and fifty numbered copies, published by A. Edward Newton and printed on hand-made paper in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., by Edward Stern & Company, Inc., in the month of March, nineteen hundred and twenty-five."
Facsimile reprint has title: A catalogue of the valuable library of books, of the late learned Samuel Johnson, esq., LL.D., deceased, which will be sold by action by Mr. Christie on Wednesday, February 16, 1785, and three following days.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)Newton, Alfred Edward, 1864-1940 -- Autograph.Rare books.