Country rambles in England, or, Journal of a naturalist / with notes and additions by the author of "Rural hours"
- Additional Title(s):
Country rambles in England
Journal of a naturalist
- Buffalo : Published by Phinney & Co., 1853.
- Physical Description:
- x, , 12-336,  pages, 2 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH137 .K53 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1852, by Phinney & Co. in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the Northern District of New York."--Title page verso.
The frontispiece and added title page are chromoxylographs.
First published in 1829 under the title: The journal of a naturalist.
Last page blank.
BEIN Za C787 853: Original purple cloth binding.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped purple cloth. Armorial bookplate: Anne Morris Stout.
- Subject Terms:
- Natural history -- England.Stout, Anne Morris -- Bookplate.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1853.
Wood engravings -- 1853.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Knapp, J. L. (John Leonard), 1767-1845, Country rambles in England, or, Journal of a naturalist , 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.