Lectures in criticism,, [c1949]
- Lectures in criticism, the John Hopkins University [by] R.P. Blackmur [and others] Introd. by Huntington Cairns.
- [New York] Pantheon Books [c1949]
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.l., ix-x, 209 p. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryFounder''s RoomAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN Za1 949L: Dust jacket.
A symposium sponsored by the Dept. of Writing, Speech, and Drama of the Johns Hopkins University and designated the Johns Hopkins University lectures in criticism. The lectures were given in Baltimore in April 1948.
- Foreword by Elliott Coleman.--The literary criticism of Aristotle, by J.C. Ransom.--Longinus, by Allen Tate.--Coleridge as critic, by Herbert Read.--The criticism of contemporary writing: a French view, by H.M. Peyre.--The condition of criticism in Italy, by Benedetto Croce.--A burden for critics, by R.P. Blackmur.
- Subject Terms: