Robinson, J. C. (John Charles), Sir, 1824-1913, Catalogue of the works of art forming the collection of Robert Napier, of West Shandon, Dumbartonshire , 1865
- Catalogue of the works of art forming the collection of Robert Napier, of West Shandon, Dumbartonshire / mainly compiled by J.C. Robinson, F.S.A. ; member of the Academy of Fine Arts of Florence, and of St. Luke at Tome, etc ; art referee of the South Kensington Museum.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Half-title: Catalogue of the Napier collection
- London : Privately Printed, 1865.
[London] : Chiswick Press, printed by Whittingham and Wilkins, Tooks Court, Chancery Lane, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 326 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .N3 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .N3 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page printed in black and red.
Wood engravings by Orrin Smith; after William Leighton Leitch and John Christian Schetky.
With wood-engraved head- and tail-pieces and initials.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in contemporary cream gilt- and blind-tooled morocco. Armorial binding. Initials "RN" intertwined in center of decorative design on front and back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's gilt-stamped maroon cloth. Inscribed: To my dear young friend Jane A. Grenil (?) from R. Napier. West Shandon. 5th Oct. 1865.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections.Grenil, Jane A. -- Pres. insc. from R. Napier, West Shandon, 5th Oct. 1865.Napier, R. -- Pres. insc. to Jane A. Grenil, West Shandon, 5th Oct. 1865.Napier, Robert, 1791-1876 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- Presentation inscriptions (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.