Benjamin, S. G. W. (Samuel Greene Wheeler), 1837-1914, A group of etchers , [c1882]
A group of etchers : with text / by S.G.W. Benjamin.
- New York : Dodd, Mead & Company, [c1882]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 45 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 60Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lizanne ChapinView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN ZZa B438 882g: Case. Second plate, A winter evening is omitted from tale of contents. Autograph presentation copy to Fannie N. Buyaturn signed Nov. 11, 1882. Water color removed 10/24/47.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped red cloth. Second plate, A winter evening, is omitted from tale of contents.
Engravings by A. Brunet-Debaines, M. Dujardin, L. F. Dupont, François-Nicolas-Augustin Feyen-Perrin, Léopold Flameng, Sir Francis Seymour Haden, Philip Gilbert Hamerton, Sir Hubert von Herkomer, Alphonse Legros, Leopold Lowenstam, Abel Lurat, Charles Oliver Murray, Samuel Palmer, Paul Rajon, Léon Richeton, Charles Philip Slocombe, Frederick Albert Slocombe, Henri Toussaint, John Dawson Watson, and James McNeill Whistler; after Jules Breton, George Paul Chalmers, Sir John Gilbert, George Dunlop Leslie, John MacWhirter, Erskine Nicol, Carl Schloesser, and Anatole Vely.
- Subject Terms:
- Benjamin, Samuel Greene Wheeler, 1938-1914 -- Presentation inscription to F.N. Buyaturn.Buyaturn, Fannie N. -- Presentation inscription from S.G.W. Benjamin.Dodd, Mead & Company.Etchers -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Etching -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Etching -- Specimens -- 1882.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.