IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Boker, George H. (George Henry), 1823-1890, The legend of the hounds;, 1929
The legend of the hounds; pictures by Gordon Ross, with an introduction by Owen Culbertson.
- New York, W.E.Rudge, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 30,  p. col. front. (port.) col. illus. 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 306Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN Za B637 929L: "This edition ... consists of eight hundred copies, and, additionally, two hundred de luxe copies in which all of the illustrations are colored by hand, and the frontispiece signed by the artist. No. 37."
BAC: British Art Center copy: Bound in brown cloth; crisscrossed in gold on front and back covers, gold lettering on spine. 5 hand-colored full page illustrations by Gordon Ross, frontispiece signed by him in pencil. Number 32 of 200 deluxe copies. Spine height: 9 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Ross, Gordon -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.