Butler, William Allen, 1825-1902, Nothing to wear , MDCCCLVII 
- Nothing to wear : an episode in city life : (from Harpers weekly.) : illustrated by Hoppin.
- New York : Rudd & Carleton, 310 Broadway, MDCCCLVII 
- Physical Description:
- 68 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS1235.B5 N68 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By William Allen Butler.
The wood-engraved plates are including in the sequence of pagination.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 6663a.
BEIN Za B978 857 Copy 1: In case with copy 1 is his: Two Millions ... 1858.
BEIN Za B978 857 Copy 2: Binding variant, 19 cm. Brown cloth.
BEIN Za B978 857 Copy 4: In gray cloth. Has end papers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blind- and gilt-stamped brown cloth. Includes publisher's advertisements,  pages at front.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Humor.Clothing and dress -- Poetry.Fashion -- Humor.Satire, America.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.