May, Stephen J. (Stephen James), 1946-, Voyage of The Slave Ship , 
Voyage of The Slave Ship : J.M.W. Turner's masterpiece in historical context / Stephen J. May.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 206 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.T85 A15 S53 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-202) and index.
"Set against the backdrop of the Atlantic slave trade, this book traces the development, exhibition, and final disposition of one of J.M.W. Turner's greatest and most memorable paintings. The book also analyzes the man behind the painting. Aloof, gruff and mysterious, Turner resisted success"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851 -- Criticism and interpretation.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Slave ship.