Walker Art Gallery, Fourteenth autumn exhibition of pictures in oil and water-colours , 
- Fourteenth autumn exhibition of pictures in oil and water-colours : and inauguration of the extension of the Walker Art Gallery.
- [Liverpool] : [Walker Art Gallery], 
Manchester : G. Falkner & Sons
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAbsalon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Special notice. The receipt of this circular must not be construed as a special invitation to contribute. It is issued simply for the purpose of furnishing information to those artists who desire to exhibit. Carriage in all cases must be prepaid, except when works have been specially invited."--Page .
"The extension of the Walker Art Gallery being now complete, the Committee of the Art Department beg to announce that the whole of the galleries will be opened on September 1st, when in addition to the usual autumn exhibition, the following societies will occupy separate galleries, which have been allocated to them, viz.: The Royal Society of Painters in Water-colours; The Royal Institute of Painters in Water-colours; The Royal Hibernian Academy; The Institute of Painters in Oil Colours; The Dudley Gallery Art Society; The Society of Painter-Etchers; The Liverpool Academy; The Directors of the Grosvenor Gallery."--Page .
"The rooms marked A, B, C, I, K, L, on the accompanying plan, are reserved for the works of artists who are not members of the above societies."--Page .
Each page of letterpress is printed within an elaborate wood-engraved border.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks an accompanying plan (see page ).
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Societies, etc.Exhibitions -- England -- Liverpool.Museums -- England -- Liverpool.Painting -- England -- Liverpool.Walker Art Gallery.
Wood engravings -- 1884.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.