Her Majesty Queen Alexandra, 
- Her Majesty Queen Alexandra.
- [Coventry, England] : [Thomas Stevens], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 11 x 7 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- The picture depicts Queen Alexandra, in regalia, with royal arms in the foreground.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
"On this royal portrait silk, which was registered at the Patent Office on 30 March 1901, the registration number 372130 is usually woven near the right-hand side of the picture, but the early runs - issued in February and March 1901 - lack this detail ..."--Godden.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 81
BAC: British Art Center copy is matted together with Stevengraphs of King Edward VII, Queen Victoria, the Prince of Wales, and the Princess of Wales. Manufacture information on the item may be obscured.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexandra, Queen, consort of Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1844-1925 -- Portraits.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.