Her Majesty the late Queen Victoria.
- [Coventry, England] : [Thomas Stevens], [1901?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 11 x 7 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 149
BAC: British Art Center copy is matted together with Stevengraphs of King Edward VII, Queen Alexandra, the Prince of Wales, and the Princess of Wales. Manufacture information on the item may be obscured.
The picture depicts the late queen, above a ribbon inscribed: "Born May 24th, 1819. Died Jan 22nd, 1901." With small views of Osborne House and Windsor Castle at bottom.
- Subject Terms:
- Silk pictures -- Specimens.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Portraits.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.