Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, Dick Turpin's last ride on his bonnie Black Bess, [approximately 1880]
- Dick Turpin's last ride on his bonnie Black Bess.
- [Coventry, England] : [Thomas Stevens], [approximately 1880]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 6 x 13 cm, on mount 14 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 D5 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- "This is the post-October 1879 title to the Stevengraph introduced at the York Exhibition as Dick Turpin's ride to York."--Godden.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 15
Includes printed advertisement, on reverse of the mount, for other subjects in the series of Stevengraph pure silk woven pictures.
- Subject Terms:
- Brigands and robbers -- Great Britain.Silk pictures -- Specimens.Turpin, Richard, 1706-1739.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.