Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, The death of Nelson, [approximately 1889]
The death of Nelson.
- [Coventry, England] : [Thomas Stevens], [approximately 1889]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 6 x 18 cm, on mount 17 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 D4 Copy 1 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 D4 Copy 2 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- "A landscape-shaped view of the death of Admiral Lord Nelson on the deck of the flagship Victory in 1805. This picture is very crowded with figures and is larger than the normal Stevengraph ..."--Godden.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 13
Includes printed advertisement, on reverse of the mount, for other subjects in the series of Stevengraph pure silk woven pictures.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 in Godden mount "type C." With a printed label on reverse: "From the Silk Picture Weaving Co., Bedford House, High Street, Farnborough, Hants."
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 in Godden mount "type C."
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History, Naval.Nelson, Horatio Nelson, Viscount, 1758-1805 -- Death and burial -- Pictorial works.Silk pictures -- Specimens.Trafalgar, Battle of, 1805 -- Pictorial works.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.