Are you ready?
- Coventry ; London : Thomas Stevens, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 5 x 15 cm, in mount 13 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 A7 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Visual Materials
- "Woven in silk by Thomas Stevens, inventor and manufacturer, Coventy and London, (registered)."
Date from Godden.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 1
Includes printed advertisement, on reverse of the mount, for other subjects in the Stevengraph series.
"Landscape view of the start of the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race on the River Thames. The subject forms a pair with The final spurt."--Godden.
- Subject Terms:
- Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race, England -- Pictorial works.Rowing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Silk pictures -- Specimens.Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.