Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, The meet, 
- The meet.
- Coventry ; London : Thomas Stevens, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 5 x 15 cm, in mount 13 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 M4 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Visual Materials
- "This landscape is the first of a set of three fox-hunting scenes (the other being Full cry and The death) [Godden 28 and 12]."--Godden.
"Woven in silk by Thomas Stevens, inventor and manufacturer, Coventry and London (registered)."
Date from Godden.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 43
Includes printed advertisement, on reverse of the mount, for other subjects in the Stevengraph series.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.Hunt riding -- Pictorial works.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.