IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, The meet, 
- Coventry ; London : Thomas Stevens, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 5 x 15 cm, in mount 13 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 M4 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Visual Materials
- "Woven in silk by Thomas Stevens, inventor and manufacturer, Coventry and London (registered)."
Date from Godden.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 43
Includes printed advertisement, on reverse of the mount, for other subjects in the Stevengraph series.
"This landscape is the first of a set of three fox-hunting scenes (the other being Full cry and The death) [Godden 28 and 12]."--Godden.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.Hunt riding -- Pictorial works.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
- Embroidery (visual works)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.