- Coventry ; London : Thomas Stevens, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 5 x 15 cm, in mount 14 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 S82 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- "Thomas Stevens, inventor and manufacturer, Coventry and London."
Date from Godden.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 63
Includes printed advertisement, on reverse of the mount, for other subjects in the Stevengraph series.
"This landscape view, companion to The Start [Godden 61], shows the finish of a horse-race, the first title, The struggle, soon giving way to the better known description, The finish [Godden 19]."--Godden.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.Silk pictures -- Specimens.Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.