Hartshorne, Charles Henry, 1802-1865, A guide to Alnwick Castle , 1865
A guide to Alnwick Castle / by the late Rev. C.H. Hartshorne, M.A., Rector of Holdenby ; with illustrations by Philip H. Delamotte, F.S.A.
- London : Longmans, Green, Reader, & Dyer, 1865.
Alnwick : Mark Smith, 1865.
Newcastle-on-Tyne : Printed by J.G. Forster, Clayton Street, 
- Physical Description:
- , 114 pages,  leaves of plates,  folded : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7746.A46 A3 1865Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes brief notices of Alnwick Abbey and Hulme Abbey.
With wood-engraved illustrations.
"Plan of Alnwick Castle"--folded leaf at end.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 18
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth, with title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Alnwick Castle (Alnwick, England) -- Guidebooks.Castles -- England -- Alnwick.Castles -- England -- Northumberland.Castles -- Great Britain.Church architecture -- Great Britain.Forster, J.G. -- Printer.Smith, Mark -- Publisher.
Wood engravings -- 1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.