A summer's day at Hampton Court : being a guide to the palace and gardens : with an illustrative catalogue of the pictures according to the new arrangement, including those in the apartments recently opened to the public / by Edward Jesse, Esq., surveyor of Her Majesty's park and palaces, author of 'Gleaning in natural history.'.
- Additional Title(s):
Jesse's Hampton Court
- Second edtion, revised and enlarged.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1840.
London : Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 142,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H2 J36 1840Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Jesse's Hampton Court
Wood engravings by and after Samuel Williams and Thomas Orlando Sheldon Jewitt.
Description of Raphael's cartoons of Hampton Court: page 122.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth. Autograph: John S.C. Upton, August, 1885.
- Subject Terms:
- Hampton Court (Richmond upon Thames, London, England)Hampton Court (Richmond upon Thames, London, England) -- History.Hampton Court (Richmond upon Thames, London, England) -- Pictorial works.
Engravings -- 1840.
- Plates: Cardinal Wolsey's Hall
- River Front of old Hampton Court, as built by Wolsey
- Hampton Court in the time of Wolsey
- Esher-Gateway of Wolsey's Palace
- Proposed screen in the clock court
- Bay window in the Presence Chamber from the Kitchen Court
- Archway and steps leading to Wolsey's Hall
- The Chapel
- King Charles's swing.