A new description of the pictures, statues, bustos, basso-relievos, and other curiosities at the Earl of Pembroke's house at Wilton : in the antiques of this collection are contained the whole of Cardinal Richelieu's and Cardinal Mazarine's, and the greatest part of the Earl of Arundel's : besides several particular pieces, purchased at different times / by James Kennedy.
- The fifth edition, corrected, and enlarged with an engraving of an alto relievo of Pyrrhus, King of Epirus.
- Salisbury : Printed by E. Easton; sold by R. Horsfield, Ludgate-Street; and J. Walter, Charing-Cross, London, 1771.
- Physical Description:
- , 144 pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustration ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5245 .K46 1771Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved frontispiece by and after John Alexander Gresse.
English short title catalogue, T65437
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, page 303
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later quarter calf and marbled boards. Autograph: John Gooding.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- England.Gooding, John -- Autograph.Pembroke, Thomas Herbert, Earl, 1656-1733 -- Art collections.Sculpture -- Private collections -- England.Wilton House (England)
- Engravings -- 1771.
YCBA Collections Search
Kennedy, James, active 1769, A new description of the pictures, statues, bustos, basso-relievos, and other curiosities at the Earl of Pembroke's house at Wilton , 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.