- Great Britain?, late 19th century?
- Physical Description:
- 1 camera lucida : brass ; 25 x 7 x 2 cm, in case 26 x 8 x 2 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS513.C2 A3 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Restricted fragile material. Use requires permission of the Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts.
Camera lucida by an unidentified manufacturer, perhaps of British make. The instrument is made of brass components and is enclosed in a maroon morocco case, lined in blue velvet. The device consists of a table clamp and fixing screws, telescoping system with two extending tubes for adjustment and focusing, and a triangular crystal prism. Two circular lenses (22 and 27 mm in diameter) descend from the prism piece.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' tools -- Specimens.
- Optical instruments.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.