New description of Blenheim, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough : containing a full and accurate account of the paintings, tapestry, and furniture; a picturesque tour of the gardens & park : and a general description of the china gallery, &c. : with a preliminary essay on landscape gardening.
- Additional Title(s):
Guide to Blenheim
- Seventh edition, improved and enlarged, embellished with a new and elegant plan of the park, &c.
- Oxford : Printed and sold by Slatter and Munday : Sold also by Cadell and Davies, Strand, London : and by all booksellers in town and country, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 152 pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 M47 1806Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Half title: Guide to Blenheim.
Engraved frontispiece by Charles Heath; after C.M. Metz. Folded map of Blenheim engraved by Samuel John (?) Neele.
Text by William Fordyce Mavor.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary marbled boards, rebacked; with original printed spine label.
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England)Blenheim Park (England)Corbet, Richard -- Bookplate.Landscape architecture -- England -- Blenheim.Vanbrugh, John, 1664-1726.
- Engravings -- 1806.
YCBA Collections Search
Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, New description of Blenheim, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough , 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.