A new description of Blenheim, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough : containing a full and accurate account of the paintings, tapestry, and furniture : a picturesque tour of the gardens and park : and a general description of the china gallery, &c. : with a preliminary essay on landscape gardening.
- Ninth edition, improved and enlarged, embellished with a new and elegant plan of the park, &c.
- Oxford : Printed and sold by Munday and Slatter : Sold also by Lackington, Allen and Co. and Cadell and Davies, London : and by all other booksellers in town and country, MDCCCXIV 
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 150 pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 M48 1814Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved frontispiece by Charles Heath; after C.M. Metz. Folded map of Blenheim engraved by Samuel John (?) Neele.
Text by William Fordyce Mavor.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in 20th-century boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England)Blenheim Park (England)Landscape architecture -- England -- Blenheim.Vanbrugh, John, 1664-1726.
- Engravings -- 1814.
YCBA Collections Search
Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, A new description of Blenheim, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough , MDCCCXIV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.