Illustrations of the poems of Cowper : from designs by Craig.
- Additional Title(s):
Cowper, illustrated by a series of views in or near the park of Weston-Underwood, Bucks.
- [London?], [1813?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3383 .I44 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from publisher's pritned cover label.
Contains engraved title page and plates only (perhaps remainders sold by the proprietors of the Craig plates) from: Cowper, Illustrated by a series of views in or near the park of Weston-Underwood, Bucks. London : Published by Vernor and Hood, Booksellers in the Poultry. Jas. Storer and Jas. Greig, Chapel Street, Pentonville, May 1st, 1803. See: Bibliography of William Cowper.
Russell, N. Bibliography of William Cowper, 375
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown paper covered boards. Paper label on front cover with title.
- Subject Terms:
- Cowper, William, 1731-1800.Storer, James, 1771-1853. Cowper, Illustrated by a series of views in or near the park of Weston-Underwood, Buck -- Illustrations.Weston Underwood (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- 1813.
- Cowper's summer home
- Weston House (from the Grove)
- Weston Lodge
- The rustic bridge
- View from the alcove
- The elms
- The alcove from the avenue
- The peasant's nest
- Olney Church
- The shrubbery
- The temple in the wilderness
- Olney Bridge
- The wilderness.