IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
D'Arcy Thompson's 'On growth and form', 2014
D'Arcy Thompson's 'On growth and form'.
- Leeds : The Henry Moore Foundation, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNB467 .H44 70 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Published to accompany the exhibition ...Henry Moore Institute, 14 May - 17 August, 2014.
"Essays by Matthew Jarron and Martin Hammer, and a conversation between Martin Kemp and Lisa Le Feuvre"--Back cover.
D'Arcy Thompson's On Growth and Form is one of the key works at the intersection of science and imagination and this essay calls for a harder look and to think deeper about concepts central to the study of sculpture.
- Subject Terms:
- Nature (Aesthetics) -- Exhibitions.Thompson, D'Arcy Wentworth, 1860-1948. On growth and form.