D'Arcy Thompson's 'On growth and form', 2014
D'Arcy Thompson's 'On growth and form'.
- Leeds : The Henry Moore Foundation, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNB467 .H44 70 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany the exhibition ...Henry Moore Institute, 14 May - 17 August, 2014.
"Essays by Matthew Jarron and Martin Hammer, and a conversation between Martin Kemp and Lisa Le Feuvre"--Back cover.
D'Arcy Thompson's On Growth and Form is one of the key works at the intersection of science and imagination and this essay calls for a harder look and to think deeper about concepts central to the study of sculpture.
- Subject Terms:
- Nature (Aesthetics) -- Exhibitions.Thompson, D'Arcy Wentworth, 1860-1948. On growth and form.