First drawing book.
- Additional Title(s):
Drawing first book
- Edinburgh : Published by William and Robert Chambers, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages, XLVIII leaves of plates ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC655 .F57 1845Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- At head of title page: Chambers's educational course-edited by W. and R. Chambers.
Preface dated 1840.
With wood-engraved illustrations.
BAC: British Art Center bound in publisher's original dark gray cloth. An embroidered reproduction of plate no. XXXVIII (depicting a young girl) is laid in. Issued with: Catalogue of Chambers's educational course and other publications. 1847. Edinburgh : Published by William and Robert Chambers; and W. Orr, 147 Strand, London, 
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.
- Drawing books.
Wood engravings -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.