Following in the Bartram's footsteps , c2014
- Following in the Bartram's footsteps : contemporary botanical artists explore the Bartrams' legacy.
- Bronx, NY : American Society of Botanical Artists, c2014.
- Physical Description:
- 123 p. : col ill ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryQH46.5 F64 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes index.
Catalog of an exhibition curated by the American Society of Botanical Artists in collaboration with Bartram's Garden, featuring 44 artworks of plants grown, sold, and introduced by John and William Bartram, centered upon their native US plant introductions.
- Preface / Sir Peter Crane -- John and William Bartram: American natural history artists / Joel Fry -- John and William Bartram's explorations / Brad Sanders -- Following in the Bartram's footsteps / Patricia Jonas -- Artists and artworks.
- Subject Terms:
- Bartram's Garden (Philadelphia, Pa.) -- Exhibitions.Bartram, John, 1699-1777 -- Exhibitions.Bartram, William, 1739-1823 -- Exhibitions.Botanical illustration -- Exhibitions.Endemic plants -- United States -- Pictorial works.Natural history illustration -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.