Following in the Bartram's footsteps , c2014
Following in the Bartram's footsteps : contemporary botanical artists explore the Bartrams' legacy.
- Bronx, NY : American Society of Botanical Artists, c2014.
- Physical Description:
- 123 p. : col ill ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryQH46.5 F64 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes index.
Catalog of an exhibition curated by the American Society of Botanical Artists in collaboration with Bartram's Garden, featuring 44 artworks of plants grown, sold, and introduced by John and William Bartram, centered upon their native US plant introductions.
- Subject Terms:
- Bartram's Garden (Philadelphia, Pa.) -- Exhibitions.Bartram, John, 1699-1777 -- Exhibitions.Bartram, William, 1739-1823 -- Exhibitions.Botanical illustration -- Exhibitions.Endemic plants -- United States -- Pictorial works.Natural history illustration -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Preface / Sir Peter Crane
- John and William Bartram: American natural history artists / Joel Fry
- John and William Bartram's explorations / Brad Sanders
- Following in the Bartram's footsteps / Patricia Jonas
- Artists and artworks.