In full cry, hard work / Hy. Alken delt.
- Additional Title(s):
In full cry, 11 o'clock, hard work
- London : Published by Thos. McLean, Repository of Wit and Humour, 26 Haymarket, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 1 printing plate : copper ; 26 x 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 65Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Numbered at top left: "Pl. 4"
Cased with four of the five other plates in this series (lacking plate 3, Breaking cover).
The original print was titled "In full cry, 11 o'clock, hard work" The words "11 o'clock" were subsequently effaced from the plate.
The original print appeared with series title "Hunting, or, Six hours sport" above the image. In the plate, it has been effaced.
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting I, p. 16
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, Alken 17 (p. 13)
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.), 32
Original copper plate used to print Henry Thomas Alken's In full cry from his series Hunting, or, Six hours sports (London : McLean, 1823). The image depicts two riders on horseback trampling a startled farmer and his angry pigs.
- Subject Terms:
- Copperplates -- Specimens.Etching -- Great Britain.Fox hunting.Horse sports.Sporting prints.
- Printing plates.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.