- Additional Title(s):
Spine title Melange
- ca. 1812-1816.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (approximately 350 pages) illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process PN6245 .C66 1812Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Bound in contemporary quarter red leather and gray boards.
Commonplace book, in multiple hands, by an unidentified compiler. The text is almost entirely verse. Many pages are densely covered with hundreds of clippings from the contemporary press, predominantly jokes, epitaphs, and other short humorous anecdotes. Also inserted are a great number of small prints, closely trimmed, predominantly satires and caricatures, with some topographical images. Dated material ranges from 1812 to 1816. The leaves of the album are watermarked 1812.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 18th century.English poetry -- 19th century.English wit and humor, Pictorial.English wit and humor.Satire, English.
- Clippings (information artifacts)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.