Sculpture victorious : art in an age of invention, 1837-1901 / edited by Martina Droth, Jason Edwards and Michael Hatt ; with contributions by Tim Barringer, Désirée de Chair, Edward S. Cooke, Caroline Corbeau-Parsons, A. Robin Hoffman, Claire Jones, Tess, Korobkin, Morna O'Neill, Lene Østermark-Johansen, Jennifer Powell, Catherine Roach, M.G. Sullivan, Marjorie Trusted, Sarah Victoria Turner, Caroline Vout.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art in association with Yale University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 448 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNB467 .S39 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"This publication accompanies the exhibition ... co-organized by the Yale Center for British Art and Tate Britain, on view at the Yale Center for British Art from September 11 to November 30, 2014, and at Tate Britain from February 25 to May 25, 2014"--T.p. verso.
This book examines the unprecedented florescence of sculpture during the reign of Queen Victoria.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Art and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Sculpture, Victorian -- Great Britain -- Colonies.Sculpture, Victorian -- Great Britain.
- Victorian Sculpture
- Sculpture and Ceremonial
- Sculpture and National History
- Antiquity and the Ideal
- Sculpture and Display
- Sculpture and Commemoration.