IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Spalding, Frances, 1950-, Virginia Woolf , 2014
Virginia Woolf : art, life and vision / Frances Spalding.
- London : National Portrait Gallery Publications, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 191 pages : illustrations (some colour) ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryPR6045.O72 Z9S73 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name at the National Portrait Gallery, London, 10 July to 26 October 2014.
Bibliography: pages 178-180.
Virginia Woolf's many novels transformed ideas about structure, plot and characterisation. In charting some of the milestones in Woolfs life, both personal and professional, the author acknowledges the seen and unseen aspects of her subject; the outer and the inner, the recognisable and the concealed.
- Subject Terms:
- Novelists, English -- 20th century -- Portraits.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Exhibitions.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Portraits.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.'Who Was I Then?'
- 2.Experiments and Reforms
- 3.'Painting and Writing Have Much to Tell Each Other ...'
- 4.Street Haunting and Novel Writing
- 5.'Thinking is My Fighting'.