Spalding, Frances, 1950-, Virginia Woolf , 2014
- Virginia Woolf : art, life and vision / Frances Spalding.
- London : National Portrait Gallery Publications, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 191 pages : illustrations (some colour) ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryPR6045.O72 Z9S73 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name at the National Portrait Gallery, London, 10 July to 26 October 2014.
Bibliography: pages 178-180.
Virginia Woolf's many novels transformed ideas about structure, plot and characterisation. In charting some of the milestones in Woolfs life, both personal and professional, the author acknowledges the seen and unseen aspects of her subject; the outer and the inner, the recognisable and the concealed.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.'Who Was I Then?' -- 2.Experiments and Reforms -- 3.'Painting and Writing Have Much to Tell Each Other ...' -- 4.Street Haunting and Novel Writing -- 5.'Thinking is My Fighting'.
- Subject Terms:
- Novelists, English -- 20th century -- Portraits.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Exhibitions.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Portraits.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.