Visscher, Nicolaes, 1649-1702, Atlas minor, sive, Geographia compendiosa, qua orbis terrarum, per paucas attamen novissimas tabulas ostenditur, [approximately 1716?]
- Atlas minor, sive, Geographia compendiosa, qua orbis terrarum, per paucas attamen novissimas tabulas ostenditur.
- Amstelaedami : Ex officina Nicolai Visscher, [approximately 1716?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( pages, 95, 132 leaves of plates) : 227 maps ; 54 x 68 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2015 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ
- Maps by N. Visscher, F. de Wit, J. Jansson and others.
"Index & ordo tabularum hujus atlantis":  p. at end.
Includes maps of the Americas.
"This, the most spectacularly illuminated atlas known, has the maps in plano; the half-folio size title pages being enlarged with paper strips."--Koeman.
Koeman's Atlantes neerlandici, Vis 27
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary pigskin. Bookplate: J. Eliot Hodgkin.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Maps, Early.Atlases -- Early works to 1800.Hodgkin, John Eliot -- Bookplate.
- Composite atlases.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.