Leonardo da Vinci , 2013
- Leonardo da Vinci : Virgin and Child with Saint Anne and Saint John the Baptist : the restoration / a National Gallery Production.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Virgin and Child with Saint Anne and Saint John
Virgin and Child with Saint Anne and Saint John the Baptist, the restoration
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (20 min.) : sound, color with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 279Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- The restorer: Eric Harding.
Editing, Carol McFadyen ; production team, Christopher Cook, Carol McFadyen, Neil Aberdeen, Joan Lane ; music, Palestrina (Missa Papae Marcelli)
"A full technical account [of the restoration] can be found in the National Gallery Technical Bulletin, Volume 13, 1989."
Use copy of media materials now unusable in original format. Media conversion undertaken based on Fair Use analysis. Copy created 2013.
Originally issued as videocassette in 2001.
Disc characteristics: DVD-R
Leonardo da Vinci's famous cartoon of c. 1506/8, at the National Gallery in London since 1962, was attacked with a shotgun on 17 July 1987. This video, compiled from footage exclusive to the National Gallery, records all the stages of the two-year restoration. It offers a unique and fascinating insight, not only into the methods of modern conservator Eric Harding and his predecessors of past centuries, but also into the working practices of Leonardo himself.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Conservation and restoration.Drawing -- England -- London -- Conservation and restoration.Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519. Virgin and Child with Saint Anne and Saint John the Baptist.