Tabula Islandiae [cartographic material] / auctore Georgio Carolo Flandro.
- Amstelodami : Guiljelmus Blaeuw excudit, [ca. 1660]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 36 x 48 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2015 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- Click here to see Leventhal Map Center website image
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:1,600,000] -- (W 24.40°--W 13.15°/N 66.38°--N 63.15°).
- Map of Iceland.
Relief shown pictorially.
Verso is blank.
Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, [1250:2.2]
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound en plano (unfolded) as map 4 in part 1 of a composite atlas issued by Nicolaes Visscher with title: Atlas minor, sive, Geographia compendiosa, ca. 1716 (Folio C 2015 1). Hand-colored, with highlights in gold.
Available also through the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center website as a raster image.
- Subject Terms:
- Iceland -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1660.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.