Pre-Raphaelite masculinities , 
- Pre-Raphaelite masculinities : constructions of masculinity in art and literature / edited by Amelia Yeates (Liverpool Hope University, UK) and Serena Trowbridge (Birmingham City University, UK).
- Farnham, Surrey, England : Ashgate Publishing Limited, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 251 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX650.M296 P74 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 219-243) and index.
- 'How grew such presence from man's shameful swarm' : D.G. Rossetti and Victorian masculinity -- Jay Sloan (Kent State University-stark) -- William Morris and the parameters of manly violence / Ingrid Hanson (University of Hull) -- The hallucination of the real : Pre-Raphaelite vision as a crisis of romantic masculinity / Gavin Budge (University of Hertfordshire) -- Health and manliness in the reception of Edward Burne-Jones's work / Amelia Yeates (Liverpool Hope University) -- Marginal masculinities? Regional and gender borders in William Bell Scott's Wallington scheme / Rosemary Mitchell (Leeds Trinity and All Saints) -- Interpreting masculinity : Pre-Raphaelite illustration and the works of Tennyson, Christina Rossetti, and Trollope -- Simon Cooke (independent scholar) -- 'Me, who ride alone' : male chastity in Pre-Raphaelite poetry and art / Dinah Roe (Oxford Brookes University) -- In praise of Venus : Victorian masculinity and Tannhäuser as aesthetic hero / Sally-Anne Huxtable (National Museums Scotland) -- Christianity, imperialism and masculinity : William Holman Hunt's The Light of the World on tour in colonial Australia and Tasmania / Eleanor Fraser Stansbie (Birkbeck College).
- Subject Terms:
- Masculinity in art.Masculinity in literature.Pre-Raphaelitism in literature.Pre-Raphaelitism.