Fragment from the 36-line Bible, with illuminated portrait of Saint Paul, [between 1458 and 1461]
- Fragment from the 36-line Bible, with illuminated portrait of Saint Paul.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Bible. Latin. Vulgate. 1458.
- [Bamberg], [between 1458 and 1461]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 50 x 53 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process BS75 1458+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Fragment from the so-called 36-line Bible. On one side is an elaborately illuminated letter 'P' with a portrait of St. Paul. The reverse bears a fragment of printed text.
- Subject Terms:
- Paul, the Apostle, Saint -- Portraits.
- Miniatures (Paintings)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.