IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
[Fragment from the 36-line Bible, with illuminated portrait of Saint Paul], [between 1458 and 1461]
[Fragment from the 36-line Bible, with illuminated portrait of Saint Paul]
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. Latin. Vulgate. 1458.
- [Bamberg], [between 1458 and 1461]
- Physical Description:
- 1 painting ; sheet 50 x 53 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 84Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Title devised by cataloger.
One side of the small sheet has an illuminated letter 'P' with a portrait of St. Paul, in pink, green, red, and gold. The reverse bears a fragment of printed text.
- Subject Terms:
- Incunabula in Yale Library -- Single leaves.Paul, the Apostle, Saint.
- Miniatures (Paintings)
Fragments (object portions)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.