Atlas minimus, or, A new set of pocket maps of the several empires, kingdoms and states of the known world : with historical extracts relative to each / drawn and engrav'd by J. Gibson from the best authorities ; revis'd, corrected and improv'd by Eman: Bowen Geographer to His Majesty.
- Additional Title(s):
New set of pocket maps of the several empires, kingdoms and states of the known world
- London : Publish'd accord:g to Act of Parl:t ... : Jan:y 2d 1758.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaf of plates (frontispiece), 52 leaves of plates,  leaf : 1 ill., col. maps ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 976Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes maps of North America, showing British territorial claims at the beginning of the Seven Years' War.
Contains 52 coloured maps.
Engraved leaf at the end advertises a companion volume, The counties of England and Wales.
Osborne catalogue, I:178
Roscoe, S. John Newbery and his successors, J146(A)
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases, British.Canada -- Maps.Heraldic bookplates -- Specimens.
YCBA Collections Search
Gibson, J. (John), active 1750-1792, Atlas minimus, or, A new set of pocket maps of the several empires, kingdoms and states of the known world , Jan:y 2d 1758
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.